Posted on

The Not-So-Pretty Baby Quilt

If you’re wondering at all from my last post what I was able to get out of the remaining pink knit, I did cut a small receiving blanket just the right size to use up the rest of the bias strips, but I couldn’t bring myself to throw the rest away. SO – I doubled it up, sewed around it, and raggy-cut the edges, but it seemed a little plain. I googled “owl applique” and found this one here and slapped my version of it onto the raggy knit burp rag to produce this:

So, only knit scraps found their way to the trash and I ended up with 2 burp cloths, a large blanket and a receiving blanket!

Now, back who knows how long ago, I just had to have the Riviera Charm Pack from Connecting Threads. Why, I do not know. Pulling it out and looking at it again, I am experiencing a bit of buyers remorse, but in an attempt to make some things for our coming Elise and destash, I decided to make one weekend nap time VERY productive and make a small baby blanket – after all, the pieces were all pre-cut for me!

After laying out 6 rows of 6, I had four squares left over, so I decided to do what the cool kids do and piece them into the backing. Here are the very small (27″ square) results.

They are not the exact colors I would have chosen should I have the chance to pick today, but with hard flooring now in the main part of the house (that is a change since Mr. T was born), it will be something for E to chill on before she gets too mobile. Mr. Johnson says she’ll like it for all the colors…I can only hope he’s right! 🙂